Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Friday, March 2, 2012

{ Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! }







Today you are You, 

that is truer than true. 
There is no one alive 
who is Youer than You.

-Theodor Seuss Geisel, aka, Dr. Seuss

It's an exciting week of birthdays for me.

Yesterday, Ron Weasley, today, Dr. Seuss.

At least Dr. Seuss was a real person, so I'm making progress.

There's probably lots you didn't know about him, so you can read up here.

Like, did you know a lot of his books are filled with imagery from Springfield, Mass, where he grew up?
Did you know he attended Dartmouth College, was editor in chief of the Dartmouth magazine, The Jack O Lantern, until he and his friends got caught drinking (it was prohibition and against school rules). He kept working on the magazine, but under a different name. Can you guess what? Yes! Seuss- his middle name (and his mother's maiden name). 

I didn't know any of that either. Until I visited the link above.

Also, the honors he has been given over the years include two Academy awards, two Emmy awards, a Peabody award and the Pulitzer Prize.

Whoa.

He passed away in 1991, but his legacy will live on, in vivid color.

Being Dr. Seuss, you can not do dull. You must do BRIGHT and HAPPY.

And so I did.

These cupcakes are made with a white cake mix. You could do yellow, but your colors might be off a bit.
I recommend white.

Mix up as many colors as you like:


If you want SUPER BRIGHT colors, you can use gel coloring. I used regular in these.

Then spoon into your pans. I used a baby spoon to make sure I had enough of each color for every cupcake. If you have leftover, you can always go back and add more. Way easier to add to the cupcake papers rather than remove.

Ask me how I know.




After baking, you'll have this!
Pretty tie dye!

I've done these cupcakes for several different occasions, using as many as 7 colors and as few as 3. 
Here I used 5. I think it's a  nice number.

Then I just whipped up some buttercream that I colored orange, in honor of The Lorax, and topped with lots of different colors of sanding sugar.



Done-ya!
Wanna see the inside? 'kay.


Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss
Can I call you Ted?
I hope cupcakes make you smile
Or did you want ice cream instead?
I really hope you don't
I haven't any here
I'm afraid that cupcakes
are all you are getting this year.

Impressive, right? I just made that up, right here on the spot.

*bows*

My wording skills are endless.

or not.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post, Tina! I LOVE the photos . . . they make me smile, as do YOU. :D

    I look forward to making these sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, love all the Dr Seuss treats today! Off to check out your Ron cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...